EoI: International Conference | Contemporary Perspectives on the Nuclear World: 75 Years after Hiroshima and Nagasaki
Contemporary Perspectives on the Nuclear World
75 Years after Hiroshima and Nagasaki
Expressions of Interest:
International conference, 1–3 October 2020, Sydney
To mark the 75th anniversary of the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Honorary Associate Dr Yasuko Claremont (Department of Japanese Studies) and the organising committee are planning a conference to be held from 1–3 October 2020 in Sydney around two broad themes: the socio-political and cultural interpretations of the impact and legacy of the bombing; and the current challenges posed by the development of nuclear weapons and the expanding industrial uses of nuclear power.
Suggested session topics include:
- generational experiences
- female experience as victims and activists
- art, cinematic and literary responses
- civil activism
- post-Hiroshima nuclear testing and accidents.
The call for papers will be published later this year. We would like to receive expressions of interest now. Please contact the organising committee for more information:
- Honorary Associate Dr Yasuko Claremont – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Honorary Associate Dr Elizabeth Rechniewski – email@example.com
- Associate Professor Judith Keene – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Roman Rosenbaum – email@example.com
Image banner: Mural of「LEVEL 7 feat.明日の神話」Courtesy of the artist, ANOMALY and MUJIN-TO Production.